Understanding Peecho Order Statuses and Monitoring Your Orders
Introduction: Managing your orders effectively and staying informed about their progress is crucial when using Peecho's services. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the various order statuses, from placement to shipping, as well as how to monitor orders using the API. Additionally, we will cover common error codes and their solutions to help you navigate any issues that may arise during the order process.
Order Journey on the Peecho Dashboard: An order's journey on the Peecho Dashboard begins when it is placed and ends when it is packed and labeled at the vendor's shipping department. It's important to note that Peecho operates in the CET (Central European Time) timezone, which is UTC+1. Some statuses may not provide real-time notifications due to server exchanges.
A. The Usual Flow - Order Progression to Vendor:
- Description: The order has been created, but it has not been paid yet.
- Description: Peecho has received the payment for the order.
3. queued for processing:
- Description: The file on the order is in the queue to be converted into a print-ready document.
- Description: The raw file has been converted into print-ready files, including necessary adjustments for printing.
5. in print queue:
- Description: The print-ready files and the XML file have been transmitted to the vendor's server. Cancellations are not possible at this stage.
6. in production:
- Description: The vendor's server acknowledges receipt of the order, marking day 0 for SLA (Service Level Agreement) calculations.
- Description: The order is packed and labeled at the vendor's shipping department, awaiting collection by the shipping carrier. Shipping confirmation is sent, and profits are added to the merchant's account. For digital files, this status indicates the moment that the email containing the download link was sent to the customer.
B. Peecho Customer Service Involvement:
1. check order:
- Description: The order is flagged for a check by Peecho's Customer Service team. This may occur for various reasons, including missing address details, first-time publications, high-order values, or file issues.
2. hold order check/hold item check:
- Description: Customer Service places the order on hold, often to confirm file quality, address details, or at the customer's or Merchant's request. Orders in the "print queue" cannot be placed on hold.
C. Error Statuses Requiring Developer Intervention:
1. ping back error:
- Description: An error occurred while sending the ping back, and the source file couldn't be downloaded. Peecho developers attempt to resend it, and if it fails again, Customer Service contacts the publisher.
2. check processing error:
- Description: The raw file conversion has been disrupted, often due to improper PDF export for printing. Developers attempt to resolve such issues or contact the publisher for an alternative file.
3. payment error:
- Description: A payment error occurred when attempting to set the order to Paid, typically due to insufficient Credit. This can be resolved by adding Credit to the account and retrying.
4. production error:
- Description: The printing facility didn't accept the order, often with a specified reason. Developers monitor and take action based on error messages. Customer Support may contact the vendor for additional information.
D. Other Statuses:
- Description: A Peecho employee cancels the order, usually after communication with the customer or Merchant. This status rarely appears past the "in production" stage on the Order History.
- Description: A Peecho employee refunds the order, typically after communication with the customer or Merchant. This status also rarely appears past the "in production" stage on the Order History.
Monitoring Orders via API: You can check the status of an order via API using the
/details endpoint. Additionally, you have the option to set up a callback to receive status updates automatically.
Common Peecho Error Codes and Solutions: Error responses may contain specific error codes. Here are some common error codes and their descriptions:
- Description: Offering not found.
- Description: There is a minimum quantity required for this offering. Check details using the
- Description: Incorrect API Key provided. Verify your API key in the "API" page of your account's Application.
- Description: There is not enough balance in your account. Add credit or contact email@example.com to switch to a monthly invoiced account.
- Description: The provided secret is incorrect. It should be the hex SHA-256 encoded value of your account secret key joined by the order id.
- Description: There is no order placed with the mentioned id. Use the appropriate endpoint for spine checks.
- Description: The order is not assigned to a production facility yet. Check for address errors or facility availability.
- Description: Order references must be unique at a Merchant level.
- Description: Orders can only be set to PAID if they are in OPEN or PAYMENT_ERROR statuses.
- Description: Orders cannot be cancelled under certain statuses.
- Description: Files for an order can only be updated under specific statuses.
- Description: Address needs to be set before an order can be paid (submitted). Use the update address endpoint to set the address.
- Description: There is no production facility available for the product in the specified country.
- Description: Invalid currency. Supported currencies are listed.
- Description: The specified color is invalid.
- Description: Supported fonts for spines are available in our system.
Conclusion: Understanding Peecho order statuses, monitoring your orders, and being aware of common error codes will help you navigate the order process smoothly. Whether your order follows the usual flow, requires Customer Service intervention, or encounters error statuses, this guide provides valuable insights into managing your orders effectively. If you have any questions or encounter unique situations, do not hesitate to contact to our support team for assistance